Fields of Application
- Systematic self-drilling reinforcement
- Improved load-bearing capacity
- Bolting in areas which are prone to ground falls or difficult to access
- Bolting in medium to hard ground
- Unstable boreholes
The POWER SET self-drilling (S-D) friction bolt is a self-drilling ground control element used for Underground applications. In addition, the POWER SET bolt system is deployed for rock fall and rock slide protection.
This patented one-step POWER SET bolt system stands for a safe and easy installation as well as immediate load-bearing capacity after installation. Another feature is the flexibility of the POWER SET regarding changing ground conditions.
Optional installation of an expansion element features additional mechanical anchorage up to the ultimate load of the friction bolt tube. A specially developed automation unit for six bolts per installation sequence allows a safe and state-of-the-art bolt installation.
- Simultaneous drilling and installation
- Installation using standard drilling machinery
- Immediate load-bearing capacity after installation
- Direct load transfer over the entire bolt length
- Ability to maintain load-bearing capacity even when undergoing large deformations
- High shear strength
- Safe, easy, and fast installation procedure
- Trouble-free application under unstable borehole conditions
- No additional building materials such as grout, chemicals, or water required
- Ergonomic and safety-related advantages for the workforce